View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #1198
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://calgaryherald.com/business/en...s-to-head-west

Quote:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his Liberal government has Alberta’s back as he prepares to visit the province this week.

Trudeau will meet with Premier Rachel Notley on Wednesday in Edmonton and is also expected to visit Calgary.

He told a CBC forum on Sunday he’s very aware of the “tough times” facing Alberta — as well as Saskatchewan and Newfoundland and Labrador — because of tanking oil prices.

“The country is going to be there for you,” said Trudeau in response to a question from a Albertan energy sector worker.

“The federal government is going to be a strong and active partner to help Alberta through this tough time.”

Federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau said last week that Alberta could be entitled to nearly $250-million from a fiscal stabilization program designed to help provinces that suffer a steep decline in revenue from one year to the next.
Ugh. I don't want your money, Feds. You can keep it. Seriously. Spare me the political capital. I want a pipeline. We need a pipeline. Spend your political capital there.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post: