View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #240
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Not sure what Eastern Canada has to do with this. I'm talking about opposition within B.C. to getting our own LNG operation up and running. The earthquakes, contaminated water supplies, etc. that are being attributed to fracking are getting quite a bit of media attention.
I was simply pointing out the analogy between one side of BC not having a clue about what was going on with the other side, and what is going on in Canada.

I think as far as getting an LNG export facility in place, it will take great leadership, not only from the Provincial Government but also the Federal Government. Besides the effort to convince the people of BC of its merit, IMO it will also involve a great deal of effort in educating people in the eastern part of the country, as to its imminent need. Putting a moratorium on the shipping of oil off the west coast is not helping matters.

In my 40+ years in the industry, I have watched the advantages of oil vs gas swing back and forth numerous times. Perhaps with the horrendous difficulties trying to get oil to seawater, the advantage may be swinging back to gas, in the near term anyway. One should also understand that the Western Canadian Basin is primarily a gas basin.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote