View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:59 PM   #140
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
And those are? I take it it's a long list of evil changes that are costing companies big $$$ right now....so let's have it.

I don't root for any party, I dislike them all equally. But listening to the PC crowd it seems like the NDP is really hurting us all big time and I don't see how. I must be missing a lot.
I voted NDP, so I have a part in this. I also previously backed PC. Would I back PC now? That's tough because I think if they were still in power, they may have made some better choices. But I think no, I still don't believe they should be back in power. I still believe they need some time wandering in the wilderness to learn from their arrogance. That being said, NDP was probably the wrong choice.

1. Implementing a royalty review, and then delaying it on multiple occasions is not a good way to promote stability.

2. Implementing a carbon tax, which likely has the greatest affect on the lower to middle class (of which many are now unemployed).

3. Raising the minimum wage when retail/food industries are also feeling the affect of the downturn.

It only looks like a list of three, but these are three biggest ticket items over a short eight-month span.

At this point, I feel there is no good option. I'm pretty sure much of the province is similarly scratching their heads at this point.