View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #11
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Go on.... I'm interested...
I don't really have a specific recipe. I usually just take a recipe off the internet, and then add what I want. Like this one for example: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/reci...lla-soup-61378

The basics are chicken broth, tomato paste, onion, garlic, beans and/or corn, cumin/oregano, paprika, chili powder , garlic (or just Mexican seasoning packets), olive oil, tomato, cilantro, lime, avocado, chicken chunks.

You can add jalapeno peppers or green onions if you want. I like to add cheese. That Mexican string cheese is the best, but any cheese (even Velveeta) will do in a pinch. Then add a dollop of crème fraicshe (or sour cream in a pinch). And of course, crushed tortilla chips.

A lot of the ingredients are optional or can be substituted. You don't need avocado, corn, beans and peppers; but should probably have one or two of them. Quite often I skip cilantro because I usually don't have it on hand. It's pretty versatile which is why it's a fall back for me.

My wife will sometimes turn the chips into chilaquiles, but I personally never made them.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 11-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post: