View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #319
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ sorry lubicon, my post was not clear - currently my son is only affiliated to the aa team. He is not affiliated to team 1.

the initial requirement for him to be affiliated with the aa team was that he be placed on team 1 in our community - this did not happen as he was placed on team 3.

in retrospect, i likely should ahve said, no he can't make it to the game as he has his own practice - i guess i am just trying my best to give him every opportunity possible.
Are you the (or one of) his regular coaches? As I said, as a coach who moved from community to quadrant (showtime is my coaching partner BTW), that we would have had no problem with a kid going to a call up, even if he was going to be on the bench, even if it left us goalieless for a practice, as long as they weren't missing a game. And even then, if we had two goalies we might just call up one from a lower team and play our other goalie.

Lots of drills to fill an hour practice with that don't necessarily need goalies. Most arenas have shooter tutors on hand if you just ask the rink rats. Most quad coaches will recognize that calling up to sit on the bench isn't exactly fun and may call him up at a later time to actually play. Basically, if your boy wants to make that move for next season, and it sounds like he was pretty close this year, it can only help to be on coaches' radars.

We had a lot worse reasons for missing practices than being called up when coaching community, I wouldn't worry about it too much.