View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
Giving DK 6 weeks off isn't the worst thing that could happen...yeah, he is our #1 D, but, unless the O goes completely in the tank, the 'Hawks shouldn't scuffle all that badly...the Playoffs will neither be gained nor lost in November...a fresher DK coming back can be a good thing.

The 'Hawks had Visnovsky in camp...had just re-signed Cumiskey...and have a rook or two at the Rock that can get a look. I don't think that there will be any panic trades to cover this.

Edit: Although losing DK for a month or so isn't great, Cap relief from LTIR might actually be a blessing in disguise for the Team.
I think you're looking at this a bit too positively Foss. The Hawks were already much weaker than last year, and they just lost their #1 defenseman...a defenseman who is always in Norris conversation. That's a huge hole to fill. You have half a defensive pair to make 3 pairs. Van Riemsdyk, Svedberg, and Rundblad are all playing above their capabilities. The bottom 6 forwards are average at best.

The Blackhawks were already going to have a tough time making the playoffs as it was. Losing Keith for this long, and then getting him up to speed following a knee surgery (hardest for a hockey player to return from), will probably leave him out of the lineup in an effective capacity for 2 months.

If I'm a Hawks fan, I'm panicking and looking for any top 4 d-man that can fill the hole and possibly play the rest of the year.

So...Wideman? Smid at half price? Engelland at half price?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote