Another interesting situation is possibly coming up. Mulcair has said that he will only participate in debates where Harper is in attendance and also that he will participate in an equal number of French and English debates. Since Harper has so far only agreed to one French debate then Mulcair either needs to change his position or skip some English debates. It's reported today that they he might now pull out of the Globe and Munk debates.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tom-...ates-1.3179992
Quote:
NDP Leader Tom Mulcair says he has not yet agreed to participate in two high-profile English language leaders' debates, despite promises from the organizers the NDP leader would be there.
Both The Globe and Mail and the Munk Debates have said Mulcair will be part of their leaders' debates, on the economy and foreign policy, respectively. But Mulcair told a Radio-Canada radio morning show Wednesday he had only committed to two debates, and neither were to be hosted by Munk or the Globe.
"For now, I will attend [the debate organized by] Maclean's tomorrow," he said in French. "I have confirmed that I will participate in the TVA debate."
|
His supporters were looking forward to a debate with "an empty podium in Harpers place", it would be ironic if the opposite happened.
Also, for those interested, the first debate will be tomorrow at 6pm in Toronto. Watch it here.
Streaming:
http://www.macleans.ca/national-leaders-debate/
or on their youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MacleansMagazine
or Live:
In English, on City. In English and French, on CPAC. In Italian, Punjabi, Mandarin and Cantonese on OMNI.