View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:40 AM   #1454
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
I would like to see that too, but I'm perfectly content to wait until next year. He can still improve his game in the NCAA, get stronger and play in all the big scenarios for Providence. If he were to go straight to the AHL he would be buried in the depth chart and wouldn't get anywhere near as much playing time.
So despite of your thinking that Jankowski is a good pick that is going to work out you think that where he is as a 21 year old he would be buried behind other young players to the point that he wouldn't get a whole lot of ice time???

Do you think Hunter Smith (#54 2014) as a 20 year old would be ahead of him in the AHL? I think that the Flames would want quite a bit more than a 2nd round pick for Smith.

You don't really think that the Flames could trade the AHL guys that you deem to be better player than him at this point in time for a 2nd round pick do you?

Jankowski has the built in 2nd round pick #51 overall in 2017 should the Flames not sign him.

If it wasn't for the getting a 2nd round pick for not signing him the best place for him as Flame, by a wide margin, would be in the AHL.

The best place for Jankowski is the NCAA.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote