View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #21
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocus Pocus View Post
Bump!

So life has had some interesting twists and turns since I originally posted this two years ago but I am ready to start looking once again. I'm hoping to focus on higher-end townhomes between 550-700K that are within a reasonable commuting distance of Quarry Park (the ones in QP itself are nice but a little too close to work). Some areas I'm considering include Altadore/Garrison, Currie Barracks, or Kingsland but outside of the inner-city or the new communities to the south the inventory seems to be pretty limited. Wondering if there are any communities/developments that I'm missing but should be considering?

What's wrong with being too close to work?

If you can find a home with the features you want (sounds like you can), in a nice neighborhood (QP would likely qualify as one), then why would you artificially inflate your commute if you don't have to?

I have a buddy who lives a 2 minute walk away from his office in QP. I thought he might be afraid of being the guy that gets called in because he is close by. He figures even if that does happen (it doesn't), it still is far outweighed by the fact that he can walk home for lunch if he wants to.