View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Fox Confirms Reboot Talks For Prison Break (who cares)... and The X-Files!

Okay it's probably not new thread worthy quite yet, but the more attention I can get to the cause of bringing back The X-Files the better. I am a die hard fan, and it deserves to be brought back to at least end on a better note.

Fox confirmed that there have been early discussions with Chris Carter to for a "continuation" of the show. I know it already ran for nine seasons, but I think with the style of the show there is still many possible stories out there. As usual it all depends on Duchovny's and Anderson's involvement, but I think if they can get them on board at least initially there may be a chance to pass the torch on to a new cast. I've began to take a liking to season eight, as I think Doggett's character brought a new element that the show needed. So I think the show could work without Mulder and Scully, it would just take solid writing to transition the leads to new actors.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not overly obsessed about it, but with all the shows being brought back (Twin Peaks, 24, Arrested Development, Heroes) I think there's obviously a change X-Files coming back as well. There have been discussions of doing a third movie for years now, but continuing it as at least a mini-series makes so much more sense.

Oh and there's Prison Break as well, which doesn't make any sense considering how the show ended, and that barely anyone watched the last few seasons. But if they started it from scratch and stopped it after two or three seasons (like the first one should have), then maybe it would work as well.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/17/fox-x-files/

Quote:
On The X-Files front, Fox chairman and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman say they have been in talks with series creator Chris Carter about reviving the supernatural procedural, which was a major hit for the network from 1993 to 2002. The executives also revealed they hope to have original series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their roles on the show.

One thing all three titles have in common is they’re properties of 20th Century Fox Television, which Walden and Newman ran prior to adding the Fox broadcast network to their plate last year.

“It’s true that we’ve had some conversations on X-Files,” Newman said. “We’re hopeful of being able to bring that back at some point.”

Last edited by trackercowe; 01-17-2015 at 11:11 PM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote