View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
I'm very suprised at this. He looked good in AHL action late last season and looked good enough again in camp this season. I wonder if something is going on with him?
Thing is, he looked really good in one zone - the offensive zone. Otherwise, he needed work. When the puck was on his stick, he tended to try and rush the puck all by himself and would sometimes lose it on his inability to stick handle around men in the AHL. That was something that Ward always made a point of. He always said that Kulak needed to do less and use his teammates more.

By sending him back to Vancouver, he once again becomes The Guy and he'll likely be looked at as The Savior of a floundering club. Then he'll get right back into his habit of doing it all himself, which is not good at all for his development.

I'd prefer if the Flames just kept him in the ECHL for now. Then, if (read: when) Spoon gets called up, Kulak can come in and do his thing.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: