View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #1391
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It was decent. Some info on the context of the story:

They create a new dinosaur because the park is beginning to decline in attendance. People are no longer driven to the park because it's all been seen now. The filthy rich guy running the corp, which used to be InGen (Irrfan Khan) orders them to take this route to help attract visitors. So the scientists cook up something interesting in the lab, but isn't natural and obviously backfires. I think that's a fresh and interesting premise, besides, the first film was all about genetic modification to begin with (using frog dna etc), don't see how more modification (that ####ing with nature theme) isn't true to the franchise.

For those crying about "trained" raptors. There will be no trained raptors, as confirmed by the director. Pratt is the raptor guy and has clearly studied them. Perhaps he's spent enough time with them to become one of the pack, and avoid being made a meal, as Grant did. Perhaps they're running from the thing in the final scene.

Also fear not, T-Rex has a role in the film. I like how they've kept his scene under wraps so far. And yes, there are animatronics being used, from the same company that supplied the original JP. Basically going about it the same as the original film. Closeups are animatronic, wide shots and larger creatures are purely CGI'd.

I've done my homework, and have faith that it'll be a good flick. There's talk from supporting actors that did some scenes in New Orleans that there are some very "iconic" scenes in the film, much like the first. Which is awesome to hear.

What I'm saying is don't judge a film by it's teaser 6 months ahead of release.

If we're gonna do that, then Avengers 2 is the dumbest blockbuster trailer I've seen in years. But I know the film won't be that bad.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post: