Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #94
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Went into the Shaw store at Chinook today to see if I can get a better deal. I've had phone/internet/TV with them for a decade plus. Asked if I could get a deal on a new PVR or a better package. Guy looked up my account - nope. Nothing to offer. PVR deal is only for new customers.

I'm in an area that can't get Optik for whatever reason, so I guess I just keep bending over and taking it. Someone's gotta pay Jim Shaw's eight figure salary.

One idea we did have - would it work to cancel my service and have my wife sign up for an account? She hasn't had a Shaw account since we moved in together, and she never changed her name.
I don't think so...Shaw is learning to track not just by name but address. Too many deadbeats (no, not including you) will do that...owe a ton of $, close account and not repay, then magically somebody else at that same address will apply for a new account...and somehow want exactly the same services.