View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #19
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket03 View Post
I have been asked by my wife and physician to go and rent the equipment and do the whole "sleep study" thing but the costs surrounding this are ridiculous. I know im in the minority on CP when I say im not a millionaire but $150 to rent the machine for a night and then if I "need" the CPAP machine i have heard they are like $1000.

I am trying to solve this issue through weight loss and healthier diet rather than rely on machines for the rest of my life plus after doing some research im a little skeptical of the validity of this condition. When i tried to look it up it looked like only 28 people in North America die from sleep apnea every year and mostly when it is determined that sleep apnea was part of the cause of death, there is something else like heart disease or some other pre-existing condition involved as well. The other thing was noticing how many people are diagnosed with sleep apnea, if everyone has it, is it really a concern?
I don't know, I just picked the little finger clip thing up and took it home, crammed tose plugs up my nose and slept. I didn't have to pay anything for the diagnosis. Maybe they made up for it when they sold me the thing, it was around $1500 icluding the mask, strap, hose, humidifier etc... but everything was covered under my benefits plan. It was through a respiratory clinic, and it was over 4 years ago, so things may have changed, but the process didn't cost me a dime.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 09-17-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote