View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #178
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Values will go up as "those" people stop coming in? Yeah - not likely. Maybe in a very long time - but Boweness has been expecting that transition for the past 20 years and it's still waiting. And I love Boweness.

Just for interests sake I looked at Q1 2014 sales across Calgary as well as monthly stats (didn't realize Q2 was available) for April, May, June, July.

I'm sorry, but "those people" as you so nicely called them aren't flocking to the two above mentioned neighborhoods as they are driven from Forest Lawn. If prices go up in Calgary the two communities you think are going to become slums simply aren’t. Not to mention the variable of Quarry Park…. Which, could make some people hate the area and other love the area. With that, both communities are 15 minutes from downtown and have the same benefits that you use to support Forest Lawn AND both are adjacent to Quarry Park and much closer to any quality shopping than Forest Lawn.
Absolutely. Riverbend has seen a large increase in property values because of Quarry Park.

People don't want to be within a 15 min drive of downtown if their car gets broken into regularly. Plus Forrest lawn is nowhere near a train line so this also is a negative for commuters.

I'd guess the amount of people who live in Forrest lawn and commute downtown is very low compared to the NW/SW. Forrest lawn is a blue collar community with many if it's residents working in the East end industrial parks.