View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Not a bad article.

This is probably entirely arbitrary, but I would adjust some of their prospect grades however:

1)Sam Bennett: Change from 8.0C to 8.5C -

I'm divided as to whether Bennett is really good complimentary piece: a top two line center who is just below elite (8.0), or whether he can be that single franchise/cornerstone player a team can build around (9.0). An 8.5 grade would make a little more sense.

2)Max Reinhart: Change from 7.5C to 6.5B -
Reinhart will definitely be an NHLer: But his current grade is a little high, insinuating he projects to be a top two line forward. I see him as a top 9 player: primarily a third liner, but has enough offense such that he can step into a top 6 role sparingly in case of injuries.

3)Emile Poirier: Change from 7.0C to 7.5C -
Bumping Poirier's grade to an 8.0 is tempting, but will stick to a 7.5 for now. I can easily see Poirier playing RW on the first or second line in the future.

4)Bill Arnold: Change from 7.0C to 6.5C -
It's definitely possible Arnold could be a second line centre. Similar to Reinhart's case though, I see him as more of a third liner.

5)Gillies and Ortio: Change from 7.0C to 7.5C -
I think both have potential to be #1 goaltenders, not just #1a/b starters.

6)Gaudreau: Change from 8.0C to 8.5C
Similar argument to why Bennett's grade should be upgraded.

7)Hanowski and Van Brabant: Change from 7.0C to 6.0C
Doesn't have enough offense to be a second liner.

8)Agostino: Change from 7.0C to 6.5C
Don't have enough confidence to say he could be a second liner, but there is a chance he could be one.

Jooris, Cundari, Ramage, and Billins should all be downgraded from 6.5C to 6.0C.
I agree with all of the above. They should get you to do these grades.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post: