View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
Inferno099
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We had a lien put on us by the flooring subcontractor and TBQH when we received the lien document in the mail my wife & I were more than a little annoyed since work was still being done in our home for the renovation and although we paid the general contractor in full less the 10% withholding on invoices received - they had not paid the flooring Sub.
But what was the more annoying part - the flooring company was still working in our home & also fixing deficiencies that occurred.

A little while later we got the Sub to have lien removed & provide us the document proving this.

Through this thread it has been interesting to learn a few things - however unless you are in the industry or past experience - these items that have been discussed about the Statutory Declarations - (we never received from our general after completion), nor about this "prime contractor" responsibilities being assigned to the general contractor mentioned in an earlier post.

I guess myself as a lay person with no experience in this area - these are things wouldn't even cross my mind as my expectation by hiring a general contractor is this is all taken care of professionally & correctly.
Inferno099 is offline   Reply With Quote