View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #18
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I just had a peek at RMC units, this one looks nice.
$259K for a totally renovated (looks great!) 764 sq/ft unit and $401 condo fees.
http://www.calgarymike.com/real-esta...-calgary/#idle

But yeah, I had a co-worker who lived there during the parkade issue and the parkade looked like one of those disaster movies where it looked like a collapsed concrete cave-in in many areas. I wonder if the tenants had to pay for it out of assessments. I'm guessing there were probably lawsuits filed, etc. as well.
I don't recall what the outcome was. Either way, sucked for the Tenants. The units there have always been pretty nice. Loved the view, many were newly renovated, etc. My issues were no in-suite laundry, clanky elevator and the common areas were dark and parkade seemed like it wasn't really cleaned on a regular basis (pretty dusty) and I wasn't a huge fan of the area at night. Other than that, it was pretty good overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse
I'm pretty impressed by that newsletter - seems like a simple thing but it is a great job on behalf by the Board to keep residents informed as to stuff. As well, they seem on top of the issues, namely the water leaks (that are the bane of all condos, and yes, houses). Lots of other things to consider of course when buying but this simple newsletter is a very good sign.
I agree. It's well managed for sure. I don't deny that, but no issue is better than any issue. With that management, I presume there would be little risk for future big issues.