View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #13
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I'm in Thailand right now, spent time in ko samui and Phuket. Samui is better, smaller and more chill, better clubs and more white girls. Phuket is pretty Russian. Beaches are dirty pretty much everywhere I've been. If you want to meet people you'd be well off to stay in a hostel or join a tour group for a week. Every massage place is a rub and tug. Every place. Goes without saying but NEVER drink tap water or accept ice in your drink, and don't eat pork no matter how legit the place looks. Overall it's safe and language barrier is manageable, remember to barter for everything. Also bring your own sunscreen because for some reason it's the only expensive thing here.
White girls, dirty beaches, no ice in your drinks and no pork? Different strokes I guess, but it sounds to me like you're doing Thailand wrong. And speaking of "strokes," the majority of massage places specialize in slightly painful but thoroughly relaxing traditional Thai massages, which do not include any extracurricular activities.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gargamel For This Useful Post: