View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I would argue that it's actually quite the opposite. Marketing defines people's taste's even more than it used, and generally people have even less idea that there is something outside the mainstream that is actually different from what they're used to.

That's partially because the mainstream has eaten everything up.

When the artists don't make money off music anyway, and most would be happy to just have somebody listen to them, there's not a lot of people out there anymore who actually take time and effort to try and stand out of the crowd, to do their own thing, to innovate and break the mold. Why the heck would you? Music is not a special thing to do anymore, it's not art, not a statement and hardly even an extension of your personality, even if you're the one making it. It's just a hobby or just a job.
I kinda agree with you here...hardly anyone takes the time anymore to craft a song let alone an entire album. Most are just looking for a quick viral hit to make a buck off single song downloads so these days we get so many "novelty" type songs

what does the fox say, gangnam style, let me take a selfie ect.

there is "good" music out there but you have to look for it and of course its a matter of opinion. I don't see as many kds out there learning to play instruments as there used to be, kids are too lazy, they can do it all on a computer without having to do any "work"

as for why we fight about it? its our nature, we fight about everyting
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post: