View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #32
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermexico View Post
I started out just with Garageband and moved up to a copy of Logic. I'm still working my way around it. Garageband is really intuitive though and I was able to grasp and work up stuff really quickly.

When I moved to Logic I went to Long & McQuade and picked up these two things:

This is a Tascam US-122 - bascially a USB DI box. It's got quarter inch and XLR inputs.

I also got a little Oxygen MIDI controller:

I think the two together ran my about two hundred bucks or less.

As people mentioned, the Logic amp modelling is really good. You can basically whip up an amp set up and have it respond like you'd expect.
+1 for M-Audio midi keyboards. I have the same Oxygen and it's great. My next piece of equipment will likely be the Triggerfinger PRO once it is released in June:

The best DAW out there IMO is Reaper. It is so easy on resources and can be installed to a usb disk to take the program anywhere. It comes with a buttload of free plug ins (everything from autotune to 50hz kickers, eq, comp, etc.). Reaper was developed by some of the same people behind Acid studio back in the day.

This is the best part:

You can download a fully featured copy of Reaper (no restrictions in the program) and a license is only $60 to sell up to $20,000 and $240 for unlimited sales. Ableton will run you $600 and FL Studio is about $400.

The reaper forums are great and has a good community that is willing to help.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote