View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #329
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am actually interested to see what direction Scott intends to take the franchise. It's good to see that Lindelof won't be involved with this one, but the fact that they are also again rewriting the script isn't a great sign. I just wonder how what exactly the intentions of the franchise are going forward. If David and Shaw got off the planet to search out the "creators" then it's unlikely they will encounter more xenomorphs. So why did they bother jamming that in at the end of Prometheus if there's no reason for them to be around in future movies?

Then as to the point rubecube brought up (which is a legitimate gripe), it does make me wonder if the producers forced Scott to make it a pseudo-Alien prequel instead of making it into its own movie. They really should have gone in one of two directions, either make it as a legitimate prequel to Alien, or make an entirely new franchise not depended on working itself into the Alien mythology. I think they walked too fine of line in trying to do both, since so many people were against making a prequel (they never work, nor are they really needed).

I still generally like the movie, but they need to make sure the script for the sequel is tighter. What stood out for me were the visuals and Fassbender's performance, so at least they will still be there for the sequel. In fact they could just not bring back Noomi Rapace at all, and be much better off.

I just hope Ridley Scott can get things back on track as he seems to make more bad movies than good ones these days.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote