View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Yzerman19 View Post
WTF??? You clearly have zero clue what you're talking about... It's the total opposite of this, the price is seriously decreased for the prix fixe menus. The idea is that they do this during the late winter when people aren't really going out to eat as much, and get bodies in the door. In exchange, they give you a break on the menu.

From the outset, I would say my Bonterra meal was about 50% of what it should have cost, the river cafe one was about 10-15 bucks cheaper, Trib is actually obvious since most of the stuff is on their normal menu anyway and I saved about $20 there (more if you order the $20 wine pairings), and as for Blink are you kidding? $25 bucks for that? Insanely good deal.

The only one your comment applies to is Ox&Angela, and it's still off - they offered a more limited spanish table menu, but for $10 cheaper than they normally charge.
How many restaurants participate in Big Taste? I count 80+. You think these restaurants are lining up to participate to give you 50% off their menu?

It is not fair to compare the Big Taste prices to their normal prices. Big Taste portions are smaller than normal portions. The average person does not orders an appetizer, main, and soup for lunch - that'd be too much food. I also strongly doubt the average person's lunch cheque is $25. I would take the under.