View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #97
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Yup, that was the 7 am on a school day dryland guys.

It is social for the parents too. You make really good friends with the other parents getting half lit at those tournaments while the kids play mini-sticks.

You will definitely notice a more distasteful vibe in the spring compared to the community stuff (at least I did). Also, if you can get with the coaching staff or be on the bench, do it. Its not cool when the for profit coach is playing to win and is triple shifting the best kid and you have paid a stupid amount to go to this stupid tournament and watch them play 2 shifts a game. Prepare yourself for that. I wouldn't piss on our former spring hockey if they were on fire.
I agree, I enjoy the social part myself. One advantage to Red Deer is that it is still a pretty small place. We have a few friends who's kids are playing on the same spring team. Kids that are in school with my son, or kids that he played hockey with last year.

I'm prepared for the win at all costs attitude we could be facing. If that is what it is like and my son doesn't like it, we can say we tried it and move on to other spring activities in the future.