View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #1018
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I've been playing it with a KotoR like nostalgia that has me really enjoying it. The fact that it's multiplayer only serves for a distraction in chat while I'm taking a taxi somewhere or sorting out my inventory... or the odd time someone's around when I'm starting a heroic quest and I invite them.
Yep. Sounds about right.

Quote:
Then I do the odd flashpoint which all seem pretty straight forward up to level 19 anyway.
Mhm

Quote:
So overall, I'm enjoying it for what it is.... like you said a vanilla-WoW clone set in the Star Wars universe that would have been just as popular/succesful as a single player KotoR 3 I think.
Not quite. A legitimate KotoR 3 would have lasting value ten years from now. People still buy and play KotoR. This game will be dead in less than five. Almost everyone playing this now, plays it as a sequel to KotOR. That was always the issue. It plays as a terrible MMO that ripped off all the old, bad stuff from WoW. It plays as a decent KotOR successor but no one in their right mind will pay $15 a month + $40 - $60 for the game and each expansion for single player RPG. They missed the mark.

Incidentally, ESO is going down the same path. No one was clamouring for Skyrim online. No one wants to be the Dovahkiin in a sea of Dovahkiins. So now they are appealing to two entirely different groups. Elder Scrolls players and MMO players. Missing the marks on what made Elder Scrolls games so enjoyable and immersive while also failing to make an MMO that breaks the mold and is worth the $15 monthly fee, right after Guild Wars proved a good MMO can be made without monthly subs.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 01-18-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post: