View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I haven't gone to see the movie yet but have read the books.

A genuine question for those that have seen Battle Royale. Does the movie (or it's source material if there is any, again I don't know) go into the intra-political and economic workings of the society?

That's what I found most interesting about the Hunger Games. Katness living or dying, the Peeta/Gale love triangle for me were secondary to how society was set up, the role of the Hunger Games in PanAm, the socio-economic structure. The books are so much more than man vs man, the first movie has it between the lines but not like the books.

I'm curious as I haven't decided if I'll check out Battle Royale yet or not.
I really enjoyed Battle Royale, I stumbled on it purely by accident about 7 years ago, I didnt really like the first Hunger Games movie but the book was pretty good.

Hunger Games and Battle Royale are pretty similar but they're also very different. In BR you were more invested in the individual characters, the social aspect of the world they lived in was just accepted and they moved on with the job of killing each other.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote