View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I avoided posting that for a while because I know people often get carried away when projecting prospects, so take with a huge grain of salt. He knows I am a Flames fan and could just be building me up (he never says anything bad about the Flames when I talk to him).
I think a lot of what your friend says reflects a lot of CP's opinion. Caged Great has also been pumping his tires in other topics and even called him a possible top 5 starter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
If he continues to progress as he has been, he could very well be a top 5 goalie in the league, if not a perennial contender for the Vezina. With all of his secondary skills being well above average he, at the worst, should develop into an average starter.

I like goalies a lot (hence my user name), and from the prospects I've watched there were only a couple that I liked as much with their game before they became NHLers (Miller, Lundqvist, Quick, and Fredrik Andersen were the others) If he becomes as good as any of those guys in the NHL then we're going to be set in net for a long long time.
Goaltending is a hard thing to project (See: Irving), but it seems a lot of people are seeing the exact same thing out of Gillies.