View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #48
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I had my kids (7 & 6) in ski lessons last year, but now it's time for them to step up into a real man's sport (snowboarding).
Do I call 911 for child abuse? Or just the regular police line?

Anyways, if you insist on doing that to your children, rule of thumb is bridge of the nose. Dependant on width and flex of course, which will be less prevalent in kids boards. One thing I will caution against (and drove me up the wall when I used to sell gear) - Don't buy them something huge so they can grow into it. Either buy used gear and flip it to save some coin, or if they're still in jr gear, lots of ski board shops do half-back for credit towards new gear at the end of the season. Way too many people don't take advantage of it. (Also, you can buy stuff that people did that with last year for cheaper than new, and most of the gear is barely used). That is a way better option than getting Sliver Junior and Sliver Juniorette a board that goes over their head that they can't steer just so you can buy one or two less boards over their boarding career. Not saying you'd be doing that, but I wanted to throw it out there.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post: