View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2013/14 Abbotsford Heat Building Blocks

Thought I'd start a summer "Heat" thread, just to keep track of potential Heat players for next season.

Here are all the probable Heat players for next season, that are either under contract (ELC/2-way) or qualified RFA's yet to sign.

Forwards

1. Lance Bouma
2. Paul Byron
3. Max Reinhart
4. Greg Nemisz
5. Carter Bancks
6. Ben Hanowski
7. Ben Street
8. Markus Granlund
9. Michael Ferland
10. Ryan Howse
11. David Eddy
12. Turner Elson

Didn't include Corban Knight or Roman Horak, as I'm fairly certain they'll be on the Flames. A few other guys on the above list will push for NHL jobs as well (Bouma, Byron, Hanowski, Reinhart), but there are a LOT of bodies under contract right now, so they'll really have to shine to make it out of camp.

There is also the Blair Jones issue, and I frankly have no idea where he will end up. I'm actually quite surprised he hasn't been traded yet....but unless the Flames coaching staff are willing to give him a clean slate, he will most likely end up with the Heat or another organization altogether.

Defense

1. Chad Billins
2. Mark Cundari
3. Chris Breen
4. Tyler Wotherspoon
5. John Ramage
6. James Martin

Like some of the forwards, a few of these guys should make a real push out of camp as well.....but again, like the forwards there are a LOT of bodies at this position as well, with SEVEN d-men on one-ways once Brodie signs.

Ryan Culkin may also be signed, and could start his pro career along with Wotherspoon and Ramage.

Goalies

1. Reto Berra
2. Joni Ortio
3. Laurent Brossoit

Berra and Ortio, with over seas pro hockey experience, will likely push hard for NHL jobs out of camp, and who knows...maybe the Flames will carry three goalies at times? Probably not though, as all three of these guys are on ELC's and can be shuttled back and forth at will. One thing is for sure, it should be an interesting year following the goalies in the system at both levels.

Going to be a young team, that's for sure.

Any non NHL contract guys that I am unaware of? Guys like Laing, etc?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: