View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #127
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
That said, Qatar was awarded 11.5 full years out in Dec 2010, for 2022. 14 year olds at bid win time be 26 if that time frame holds. There's a lot of development that can be poured into that decade.
In some countries that might be the case but I think Canada is in a different boat. Our development system is letting players down at a much earlier age so it isn't a matter of teaching them advanced skills in a high-performance setting when they are teenagers because those players haven't even been taught the basic skills correctly.

One way the CSA and Government could leverage a WCF bid is to only grant matches to venues in Provinces where the Provincial Association/Federation fully buys into a National Curriculum and Development Program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I always thought Canada could somehow piggy back (the team, and stadiums) off the next US bid. Have 3 or 4 venues in Canada, the others in the US. The CMNT gets in, just as the USMNT do. Holding a men's World Cup of our own gets multiple state of the art facilities which sit domant/never near capactity, unless you build temp ones like in Qatar.
I think the CSA would be open to that but not the American FA; it is way too lucrative for them and they would be giving away money.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Addick For This Useful Post: