View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Who is Corey Pronman and why does his opinion matter?
Jeeze, are you always so arrogant? "Why does his opinon matter"...says the message board poster. ha

That said, that is all he is putting out, his opinion. He is not selling it, or preaching it as gospel. The guy is clearly has a passion for the game at the prospect level and has some insight he is willing to share. As with every 'list' or draft guide that is made, people will disagree with assessments and rankings but his perspective is an interesting one to take into account for no other reason then his commitment to giving it on such a wide swath of prospects. As with anyone else posting assessments of players he has is full of tendencies and presumable bias (how could he not be) but I'm not sure that is a bad thing if you understand it. He readily admits when he doesnt know much or has not personally seen a prospect. Further, its pretty clear to me that he relies heavily on scouting reports from other scouts (esp internationally) - that's fine with me as long as he discloses it, which I feel he does.

Generally, I think he puts out good quality stuff and is willing to stand behind and discuss his opinions if you engage him. That's worth the price I pay to read it, anyway.