View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #1338
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
When Conroy was interviewed about becoming the GM of Abbottsford he talked about wanting the systems to be the same in Calgary vs Abby but also talked about if Horak is going to be a centre at the NHL level then he needs to be playing centre in the minors.

So it sounds like it was Ward's decision which was probably influenced by how many centres we had (Street and Walter being the two who pushed Horak out to the wing.)

And he didn't straight out say it but Conroy hinted they might like Horak better at centre.

What I found super strange last year was that we're trying Cammalleri, Tanguay and even frickin Comeau at centre while we've got a natural centre in Horak playing on the wing.

Hopefully that all gets clarified this season. Horak looks good at both positions but the Flames need to figure out where they want him.
Comeau.. I don't even know why myself...

However, Cammy and Tanguay were both natural centers and were also switched to the wing when they got to the NHL. Switching back 'kind of' makes sense - though the gap doesn't. I guess they just view Horak as a better winger in the NHL than a center. Will be interesting to see what will happen with Horak moving forward - forgot what poster mentioned that Conroy was working with Horak on becoming a better center. Hope it works out - but it will definitely create a log-jam at center in the next couple of years (which is great).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote