View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #656
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
While the fanboys have sensationalized how the PS4 has crushed the Xbox One I wouldn't expect either to widely outsell the other at numbers you have stated.

I find it strange that Microsoft hasn't done any damage control. This isn't Microsoft's first kick at the console can so do they know something we don't or were they really this unprepared for the PS3 pricing and lack of DRM? I just can't believe that Microsoft didn't play this scenario and wasn't prepared to be undercut in price knowing that Sony would be selling essentially the same hardware minus Kinect. Maybe they are really banking on the casual gamers outnumbering the hardcore. Nobody really foresaw the Wii's massive success when it was introduced and maybe Microsoft is banking on that with Kinect built into every console? I really don't know as I'm no expert on the market but considering Microsoft has more resources than Sony or Nintendo one must think that everything they have done so far has been calculated. I guess we will have to see.
I'm only going to address the bolded, but it is not fanboys "sensationalizing" it. Almost every press member from Penny Arcade, IGN, CNN, etc has talked about how bad Sony crushed Mircrosoft here.

Just take a quick read through NeoGaf or other gamer forums to see what many gamers think of the Xbone.

To your other point, Im not sure Kinect was a huge success for Microsoft and it was nowhere near the success that the wii was for motion gaming...so why jam it down gamer's throats? Xbone could at least had to pricing models to include it or not.

Last edited by Jbo; 06-13-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote