View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah, that's basically what I was getting at when I said it was different because he's from there... the Heat's success is probably far more important to him then it is to me. I want the Heat to win... but I want something else from them far more.

I mean the concept of "throwing someone to the wolves" is generally regarded as being a bad thing... but on the flip side if you do it you get to know who's a wolf-killer.

I just want the young guys to get many shots at being wolf-killers and I fear that if you stock the farm with AHL vets they won't get the kind of chances that they ought. I don't trust Ward to give them ice-time (and it's not like having Walter, Kolanos, Brust, Street, Taylor etc. got them into the playoffs last year).
I love it when the Heat win. It's great for the city and the loyal fans, but nothing gave me more satisfaction these past two seasons than watching all the Heat players come and do okay down the stretch.

I'm not in the sales department and I don't care about my tax money going to a team that I take full advantage of watching. Winning isn't everything for me. Like you, the Flames winning the Cup is the ultimate goal and prospect development is first and foremost.

Again, this is just a classic AHL debate and I think both sides of the argument have good points. It's just so tough to estimate what works the best, but right now I'm leaning towards getting impactful AHL players to help what is expected to be a much much younger Heat team this season.

P.S. I hope Kolanos is next to leave. The guy is insufferable to watch.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: