View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #42
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
I agree with this again. But I would be okay with using a 3rd on a goaltender in most years, but I really think we shouldn't draft a goaltender this year. We have drafted a couple solid goaltender prospects over the past 2 years, I think doing the same a 3rd year in a row. I would prefer to wait until 2014. Now if Fucale or Comrie somehow ended up available in round 4 I would have no problem with it.

But I do think the focus in this years draft should be bentermen, physical wingers and defensemen, all with size for the most part. I really think this year is a good opportunity to add a couple future power forward types.
The thing I like about Fucale is that he thrives in a wide-open, offense-first system in Halifax. He doesn't get a lot of defensive support (which is why his numbers are pretty average) but his athleticism & abilities mean he makes the game-winning saves when it's all on the line. I've heard him compared to Grant Fuhr in his prime, which might suit the Flames going forward with this Bob-Hartley-high-pressing offensive system & non-physical D.

Risky pick, and I wouldn't take him if JT Compher was still on the board...
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote