View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
First Lady
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
If the property is listed with a realtor already, there is absolutely no reason to not use your own realtor, and a number of reasons why you really should.

The seller's realtor is hired by and paid by the seller, and will be primarily loyal to them. You will have to act in "customer" status, which means you get less advice than when you're represented by your own agent.

People seem to think they're going to get some sort of commission break for doing this, but in my experience having talked to those who have done it they pay more than they would have if they got their own agent. Having someone asking questions on your behalf is valuable, imo.

I'm not a realtor, but I would never not use one to buy a property I found on MLS.
Yeah the possibility of a small price break did cross my mind. The property we are looking at has had 2 significant price drops; so it's unlikely that another broker will be able to negotiate it down much more.

However, I can certainly appreciate that having our own representative could still help make the whole process smoother.

With that in mind - What questions should we ask to help us choose one?