View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #24
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember back then wishing with all my heart and soul that they would make the playoffs...and was constantly let down every year. It took a 3rd string goalie to get traded from the Sharks before I started to have faith in this team that it could contend. Back then, expectations were low and I remember my favorite thing to follow was Iggy's goal scoring race back in '02. I remember thinking just how lucky we were to have the NHLs leading scorer on our own team!

I don't think a rebuild will be as torturous this time, because we have ownership that will spend to the cap. Back then, the rebuild always had the threat of the team moving over it's head. It simply couldn't afford to keep up with Detroit, Colorado and all the big ticket teams. If a rebuild were to happen properly, we as fans can count on ownership to step up and makes the big moves when the time comes.

I remember the season ticket drive to get the team to stay. The herald always had the counter on its front page everyday, and I remember wishing to God that we could reach our goal. Thank god the real fans pulled through.

If a rebuild were to happen this time, I think fans would understand. The team has more exposure then ever before. Iggy is no longer 20. It NEEDS to happen.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: