View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #197
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoste View Post
Based on your experence, how is the quality of the duct cleaning service for new home builds before possession?

feel free to PM me for more details.
Based on what I have seen in Calgary in the close TO 30 years Ive been doing this ABYSMAL is how I would describe the QUALITY!! Based on what you are about to read consider it FACT....I KNOW ....i have been around the industry following EVERYONES CRAPPY WORK!!!

Let me explain .....there are your builders like Cardel, Jay man , Albi, AVI , Morrison, Shane, Sterling and the list goes on and on.

PRE Occupancy cleanings are done through most of the above BUILDERS but are done by companies cutting an enormous discount TO the builders because of volume of work they will receive.

The owners of these duct cleaning companies only take this work to keep their guys busy when its slow and MAN IS IT SLOW RIGHT NOW....thats another story.

These companies are taking 45 minutes to do a 1.5 to 2 hour job .....and they aren't even pulling the furnaces apart.....know why???

1) DONT KNOW how...NOT Qualified >>most don't care

2) Too Lazy...in my experience it takes 5 more minutes to prep a job properly including pulling the entire furnace apart for cleaning/inspection and rewarranty purposes.

3) 90% of the industry is paid on commission so a job paid at 50-75% less of regular residential prices is a pay-cut THAT MOST YOUNG PEOPLE don't realize is still work and income and a future customer in 2 years ...but hey ....lets screw over the customer (Builder) and the future homeowner (repeat customer for the next 20+ years) if you just took the time to do the job RIGHT.

4)Misrepresentation The builder is blindly allowing someone who never even installed the furnace to clean the furnace and vents and ducts. ***FACT**** IN ALBERTA we are the only province to allow the use of the furnace for heating purposes during construction...other provinces use construction furnaces and then tear out the construction furnace and install your brand new furnace that hasnt been exposed to drywall dust, building material swept down the vents. painters and drywallers that crank THE THERMOSTAT TO DRY THE PAINT faster abusing the furnace.
You have now taken off no less than 30% OFF the life of the furnace and now the builder is hiring people that dont care to come in and make it look clean ......ITS NOT!!!

I could go on and on but wont......If you have built a house go ahead and let them clean it. If you want to know what i think just let me know the name of the company and I will give you my honest opinion ......

Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 05-29-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: done
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote