View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We went out to Brown-Lowery for the afternoon. We did all of one loop but halfway through, we headed off to go up to Lookout. We got about halfway there and started back. My daughter was tiring and the sun was getting a little lower in the sky and we wanted to be sure she wasn't overdoing it. We have to be careful with that, as it doesn't take much right now, to do her in. We headed back down and finished out the loop we started.

My husband and I could have done a lot more but as I said, if she's with us, we have to start slow and work up to the major stuff. So for now, a few KMs at a time - we figured places like Brown-Lowery, that are well marked, well traveled and nothing hugely strenuous are good places to start and hopefully, by August, maybe everyone will be up to a ridge hike. If not, we'll do the ridge hike next year.

Someone told my husband about Crypt Lake, so he wants to try that. I also want to do Larch Valley in the fall. I know it's overdone by everyone but I would like to see it anyway.

Thanks for the book tips. I'll check those out immediately.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote