View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #36
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I think Grimaldi has looked the worst out of the 3 but Miller has been better than Gaudreau.

Grimaldi and Gaudreau give the puck away to easily and have both lost just about every physical battle.

Gaudreau needs to be stronger on the puck.
That's funny, I have personally thought Miller has been the worst of the bunch. You talk about giving the puck away and yet that is all I see when Miller touches the ice. It is strange considering he is 19 and has experience playing in a professional league this season, but boy has he been underwhelming.

Gaudreau can certainly be overmuscled at times (and he will always have that problem) but I have noticed that he has a very quick and active stick defensively. He has caused more than a few turnovers in both the offensive zone and the neutral zone because of this.

The problem I have with that line is that both Grimaldi and Gaudreau need to have the puck on their sticks to be effective. To this point it has been Grimaldi trying to control the pace of the game, but it is clear he does not posses the iQ or passing ability of Gaudreau which is why he has turned it over so frequently.

They are similar in stature but play completely different games. Grimaldi relies upon his blazing speed and non stop motor to create opportunities, while Gaudreau relies upon his elusiveness and elite hockey iQ.

I know it was reported that Gaudreau and Galchenyuk had difficulties developing chemistry together during summer camp, but on paper they make for a much more dynamic and complimentary pairing.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote