View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #515
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
I plan on having receiver (which runs hot)
Boy do I have a solution for you in the buy/sell thread.

What I did with mine (cheap ikea cabinets, mind you) was put a single fan on each end, then drilled a 3" (IIRC) hole inside the cabinet dividers so there was airflow thru the whole thing. The coolers I bought had temp sensors. The only one that is running constantly is the PS3 side. If you ever want to take a look at them running let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimm View Post
For the fans I found some cheap computer fans from memory express that are thermal controlled with sensors which I can place near the equipment. http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX22913

I used an old 12 volt DC power supply for an external hard drive I think, 5 minutes of stripping/soldering and I had a decent, cheap, thermal controlled fan system.
That's exactly what these coolerguys fans are. I'm rather electrically challenged, so they come with the 12v/AC adapter which was good for me. Your solution was probably $75 cheaper though. Nice work! Interested to see it if you get a chance to post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimm View Post
Including fans which circulate but don't remove the warm air isn't going to help very much.
Thanks - I forgot to mention that. If you do order from coolerguys make sure you install them so the air is blown out of the cabinet.

Last edited by DownhillGoat; 12-18-2012 at 09:10 AM.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote