View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default The Google Nexus Thread

Figured this would be a good place to talk about upcoming Google devices. The Android thread has become filled with talk of rooting and all that stuff that doesn't interest me all that much. Thought we needed a stand alone thread for the Nexus brand of phones and tablets Google is releasing.

First news of the thread.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/21/go...er-29th-event/

On October 29th Google is having an announcement.

Rumors are swirling that the LG Nexus 4 will be the new Nexus smartphone to be released.
Quote:
The leaks have been 100% correct. LG will produce the “Nexus 4″ and launch with the following specs: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 768, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage (previous reports pointed towards 8GB), 8MP and 1.3MP front-facing, and a 2,100mAh battery, plus will also have Android OS 4.2.
Tablet and OS news
Quote:
Google will unveil the 32GB version of the Nexus 7 tablet, plus also introduce a 32GB HSPA+ model – this was a one time rumour. No word on pricing for the HSPA+, but we reported earlier this week that the 32GB version will be priced at $269 (CDN) outright. Next is the rumoured 10-inch Nexus tablet that will be produced by Samsung and Google. The report indicated that this is true, currently going by the codename of “Codename Manta,” but might be called the “Nexus 10″ when it’s officially launched. Probably the best news is that the Samsung/Google Nexus tablet will come with OS 4.2 “Key Lime Pie” and will have a 10-inch display with a resolution of 2560 × 1600.
I personally own a Nexus S smartphone. I really love this phone, it is running the current Android OS 4.1.2 but it is coming up on two years old and I recently cracked the screen so I'll either be looking at the new Nexus 4 or seeing what the price drop on the Galaxy Nexus is. I've been looking at a device like the Samsung s3 but I really do prefer the pure Android experience then another companies overlay on the OS.

Last edited by MrMastodonFarm; 11-03-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Over moderation
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post: