View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #102
Hart50
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Some fond, somewhat hazy memories from the 70s:

-Jethro Tull/The Eagles - The Corral 1972. A night to remember, my first concert. JT was on their "Thick as a Brick" tour and the Eagles were an unknown opening act supporting their first album.
Queen/Thin Lizzy-Jubilee Auditorium 1977. Notwithstanding how stoned I was, I will never forget them opening with “Tie your mother down”. To this day, I have not experienced such an explosive opening to a rock concert.
Foghat-Jubilee Auditorium 1974. Back in the day, one of my favourite bands.
Manfred Mann's Earth Band/Wishbone Ash/Kiss-Foothills Arena(now Father Bauer Arena) 1974
This concert was only notable for the opening act who nobody had ever heard of before. Although we there to see Wishbone Ash, not surprisingly, we were all blown away by Kiss. I also remember my buddy getting hit in the head by Peter Criss’ drum stick.
Bachman Turner Overdrive/ Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band-McMahon Stadium-1975. Although BTO as the headliner was great. Bob Seger, whom I had never heard of, was in a different league altogether.
The Eagles- McMahon Stadium-1978 It was one of those rare great Calgary summer evenings with the band entertaining most of the NW quadrant of the city. This concert's decibel level was unfortunately the death nail for summer concerts at McMahon.
Supertramp-The Corral-1977 I believe they were on their "Even in the Quietest Moments" Tour and the show took place during that year's Stampede. Talk about going from the sublime to the riduculous.
Hart50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hart50 For This Useful Post: