View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #52
Milt Schmidt
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Krack Korn View Post
Scripts, code, managing downloads? I don't know what any of that means. I'm serious, I do two things with my computer; surf the web and listen to music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmhmmcamo View Post
That's about where I am too. I keep hearing about all these add ons that people can't live without, but when I take a look at them I can't really see anything that would drastically change my life that much. Having said that i know there is great stuff out there that I'm missing out on, I'm just not sure how to find it.

Any tips for add ons that make web surfing better?
FlashBlock is great, it stops sites from launching videos and flash ads unless you click the box to play them. Lastpass and Adblock Plus are also very useful as mentioned by psicodude and Hemi-Cuda. HTTPS Everywhere ensures that your browser uses a secure connection for things like Facebook. There's a ton of Grooveshark/Spotify/Lastfm add-ons if you're into streaming music on those sites. DownThemAll lets you manage downloads, for example if you're downloading a bunch of photos from Flickr or something and you have to stop it you can hit a pause button and later you can resume the download, that way you don't have to go back to the site and start over. Stylish lets you put custom themes, or 'skins,' on websites, so you can make Youtube or Facebook look different. GmailWatcher lets you have audio notifications for gmail. Poke around the add-ons available for your browser of choice, you'll probably find some cool things that you'll like.

Milt

Last edited by Milt Schmidt; 05-27-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Milt Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt Schmidt For This Useful Post: