View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #63
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
Slava,
You seem to be upset that she didn't follow some imaginary rule. She followed the rules at the time and did nothing wrong. The fact is that there are no rules governing disclosure of candidate/leader nominations. Lots of the candidates have raised large sums of money to receive their nomination for local positions and have no reporting requirements.
No, I'm not actually upset at all. I just think that in general (for all parties and candidates at municipal levels as well) that full disclosure should be mandated. I understand that she didn't have to disclose any of this and I suppose she deserves some credit for that. Lets not get too into the back patting though; disclosing donors from 2 1/2 years ago isn't the pinnacle of transparency either. I still stand by my original comment; this has less to do with transparecy and disclosure and more to do with trying to batten down the hatches for the onslaught she is sure to see.

Election financing laws in Alberta have a long way to go IMO. They should cover the leadership campaigns IMO, as well as better cover the municipal campaigns.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote