View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #486
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
i only started doing it after the Great Slicing Nerf of 2011 (it's such a useless skill now), before that i was rolling in the dough and buying anything i desired from the AH. at level 25 after i bought the speeder training and speeder, i still had over 40k in the bank and my guy was entirely decked out in purple gear (even my companion was half blue/half purple)

i totally understand why they nerfed slicing, but i'm still quite sad it happened. it still needs to be balanced though to make it somewhat profitable
Yeah - This was basically why I advocated for anyone starting out to take slicing. I only made about 300k with slicing on one character before the nerf, but it's more than enough to fund all my other character's crew skills, and to get two extra rows of inventory, as well as just not having to worry about credits for probably 20 levels.

It's still profitable, and I send my crew members out to do slicing when there's nothing better to do (scavenging and biochem are my other two), but not as no-brainer as it used to be.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote