View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #49
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I understand where Table 5 is coming from with this. I'm not a huge fan of spec contests that ask a bunch of people to do work and only one person gets paid for it. Especially when the company/person has the potential to make thousands of dollars off that work. I'm not saying a slogan on a bus bench is going to make Travis a ton of money but the potential is there.

It would be comparable to me asking Travis and a dozen other realtors to write up the description of my house for MLS. Each of them spends time doing it, I pick one, throw away the rest and pay the person that won a pittance of the money I'll be making on the sale of my home.

I'll help people with Photoshop questions if they're easy enough to answer. Telling people how to copy/paste and resize an image is quick and is easily found elsewhere on the internet. It's not a skill that takes years to develop.

That being said, Travis I think you'll be wasting your money if you don't put together a marketing strategy for your company. You seem to be throwing as much as you can against the wall, hoping something will stick, when you could be more targeted in your approach to advertising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post: