View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's probably different with girls..I have a 7 and a 5 year old who are as interested in their toys, arts and crafts, and other stuff as video games. They have unfettered access to the PS3 and a bunch of age appropriate titles (Sonic Racing, the PS3 Move titles, some simple games from the PS3 online store, etc), and I don't think I've ever seen them play for more than an hour on their own before they put it up.

I'm unlikely to put hard limits on usage given their behaviour patterns - I'd encourage lots of diversity in activity before simply setting hard caps on any one activity as a general rule, so its unlikely I'd ever actually set time limits.

Edit: on the computer front, I will never set limits, unless they are just goofing off for hours on end on Flash gaming sites. If they're reading, researching, looking at pictures of animals, drawing, playing with an electronic keyboard, etc, I won't ever discourage that. The world is so digital now that I firmly believe limiting access to technology can be as damaging as anything that could happen letting them use it too much.

Last edited by sclitheroe; 11-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
sclitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote