View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #35
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had trouble with insomnia all my life. I have medication that helps and doesn't have too annoying side effects (they still bug me occasionally though). Gets worse when I'm under stress, which is obviously great because being tired makes one handle stress so much better.

Paying a lot of attention to my sleeping conditions has helped.

- Bedroom has dark curtains and is quiet. (I actually used to sleep with earplugs in our previous apartment, which wasn't too bad either.)
- I have a stereo set that has decent sound quality (bad quality irritates me) and accepts mp3:s on a USB-stick (so there's no sound from the CD mechanism which can also get on my nerves if I have trouble sleeping). We got rid of my wifes old ticking clock. Now there's just some music (and her snoring, which is also relaxing).

I bought a better mattress, a better blanket and a better pillow, all of which contribute. Also, a bit of exercise and semi-regular habits right before bedtime. (This usually includes a small snack.) I still have bouts of insomnia, but when I do sleep, I sleep great, which takes away a lot of the discomfort.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote