View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #595
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post

"The Pits" Motocross/BMX area where Diamond Cove is now and taking my bike with ape hanger handle bars banana seat and sissy bar there.
I remember dirt biking where the Shawnessy Co-op is now. Driving down McLeod was pretty different 20 years ago. No LRT, no businesses except the garden center. There was that grain elevator where the Nissan dealer is now. And there was that big orange barn looking thing on the Father Lacome property that burnt down about 12 years ago. That was a hell of a fire. I was working in Deer Valley that day, and the smoke plume was pretty enormous.

Which reminds me of the Hub Oil fire. Me and a buddy lived in the old army barracks houses by ATCO, and we decided to ride our bikes down to Eau Claire to stare at women, but as we were making our way there, we saw the huge plume of smoke, so we decided to ride all the way to the hood to watch the fire. There were some pretty substantial explosions that day. We were down by where teh RR tracks cross 52nd st, and when that one big explosion happened, we could feel the heat all the way over there. Must have been at least a km away, but it was like we were standing by a bonfire.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote